The end of a patient’s life is a difficult time for them. There are a lot of concerns and discomfort. This discomfort can be physical, emotional, psychological, and even spiritual. These patients need additional care to ensure their peace and happiness in their final days. While many patients have a primary caregiver, this can be a daunting task for family members. Hospice care in Orange County is an excellent solution for patients that are reaching the end and need some additional support. Not only does hospice care help to provide support for the patient but it also eases the burden on the family.
When you are looking for the right hospice care provider in Orange County, there are a few options when it comes to searching for them. In order to avoid the search, contact Comfort and Peace Hospice. We provide the highest level of care for our patients and provide a variety of different hospice care services.
Below is more information about hospice care, and ways to search for the right hospice care provider to meet your needs.
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice care is a type of health care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s pain and symptoms and attending to the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient at the end of their life. Hospice care may be right for you or your loved one when living with a life-limiting illness that has a six-month life expectancy (if the disease runs its normal course).
How to Find a Hospice in Orange County?
There are a few ways that you can go about looking for the right hospice care provider in Orange County. Some of the best ways to find the perfect provider are below:
- Referral. If you have a friend or loved one that has recently hired a hospice care provider to care for their loved one, consider asking for a referral. Before contacting the company, ask your friend or loved one what their experience was like working with the hospice care provider. Also, check online for reviews and more information.
- Search Online. If you don’t know anyone that has recently hired a hospice care provider, consider searching online. Once you do, read through a few of the top websites and check the reviews. The more information you have for your decision, the better.
- Reach Out to Comfort and Peace. In order to skip the search entirely, reach out to Comfort and Peace Hospice. We provide the highest level of care for our patients, and our experienced staff is able to care for patients that are reaching the end of their journeys.
Why Hospice Care?
Hospice care is an excellent option for those that are reaching the end of their life journey and require a higher level of care. With hospice care, patients are able to better enjoy their final days in peace and comfort. Hospice care is also helpful for primary caregivers. Hospice care helps to ease the burden on primary caregivers and provides them with the opportunity to rest. This helps them to get caught up on obligations they may have fallen behind on. It also gives them more time to spend relaxing with their loved one.
Every patient has their own unique needs. This includes emotional, psychological, physical, and spiritual. In order to meet these needs, an experienced hospice care provider is often required. While the primary caregiver may have the right intentions, taking care of someone with a life-limiting illness often requires the expertise of a professional. By hiring a hospice care provider, you increase your loved one’s comfort while also decreasing the burden on yourself.
Who Is Hospice Care For?
There are a variety of different people that can benefit from hospice care. While some people believe hospice care is only for cancer patients, this isn’t the case. It’s for any patient with a life-limiting illness that requires assistance near the end of their life journey.
These patients include those suffering from:
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Renal disease
- Pulmonary disease
- and others
In order to be approved for hospice care, two physicians need to certify that the illness is life-limiting. This means there are likely six months or less left for the patient. With that being said, the patient may still be a candidate past the six months period. Getting approved often isn’t difficult. Actually, a physician may suggest hospice care on their own.
Once your loved one or you have been approved, you’ll need to check coverage with your insurance company or Medicare.
What to Look for in a Hospice Care Provider in Orange County
When searching for the right hospice care provider in Orange County, there are a few things you’ll want to consider. These include:
- An Excellent Staff. From the person that picks up the phone to the hospice care provider, every member of the staff should be helpful and knowledgeable. At Comfort and Peace, we only employ the best. You’ll receive top-quality service from a staff of professionals and experts in their fields.
- Fast Response Time. There are times you need more immediate service. Comfort and Peace offers patients a fast response time when they are in need.
- Excellent Customer Service. Customer service and bedside manner are important parts of healthcare. Your loved one and you are going through a difficult enough time. Comfort and Peace aim to make every step of the process that much easier.
- Transition. Transitioning to hospice care can be difficult. Comfort and Peace focuses on making the transition phase as simple and seamless as possible.
Providing Better Care
Reach Out to Comfort and Peace Today!
If your loved one or you are reaching the end and you need some additional support, reach out to Comfort and Peace Hospice today. We offer outstanding hospice care in Orange County, and we’d be happy to provide you with the services you need to ensure your final days are joyous and comfortable. We look forward to speaking with you.